How to Battle Boredom on Long Layovers
The dreaded long layover: We’ve all been there. Depending on your travels, sometimes a long layover is inevitable and depending on the airport, it might be boring. Plan ahead to make sure you get the most out of your time. Follow our tips for battling boredom on a long layover.
- Catch up on your favorite shows or movies. Netflix now allows its users to download and watch programs without needing WiFi or data. Prepare ahead of time by downloading a season of a show or a movie you’ve wanted to watch.
- Go to the lounge. If you have lounge access, make your way right there for some rest and refreshments. Even if you don’t have access, opt to purchase a day pass. Many lounges offer this option. For as little as $30, you gain entrance and can take advantage of all of the amenities.
- Do some work. Find an outlet and set up a workspace to complete that project you’re working on or handle those emails cluttering your inbox.
- Get a spa treatment. Many airports offer on-site spas like Xpress Spa. Depending on how much time and money you want to spend, drop in for a quick hand and arm massage or a full-body massage. Some locations also offer salon services.
- Leave the airport. If your next flight is more than 10 hours away, consider take a trip into the city. Some airports offer a luggage holding service, so you aren’t stuck carrying your suitcase with you. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to return.