Dubai is one of the most sought-after and expensive places to visit in the world. Located in the United Arab Emirates, it is the fastest-growing economy in the world with beautiful architecture, luxury shopping experiences and some of the best of everything.
Everything is expensive in Dubai — accommodations, food, transportation and alcohol. This list of things to do in Dubai on a budget will ensure you have a great time even if you can’t be as indulgent as one expects to be in Dubai.
- Head to the beach and admire the buildings. People flock to the beach to relax and people-watch; do the same until you get bored or sunburned and want to do more.
- Go see Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building standing at more than 828 meters. Go to the Observation Deck to look out over the city ($35) and take pictures of the beautiful views from above.
- Go window shopping at Dubai Mall and people watch. Explore the stores and, if you have enough money, buy an item as a keepsake from your trip. There are more than 200 food outlets and 1,200 shops, so you are bound to find something that matches your style.
- Go see the Dubai Fountain, also the world’s largest fountain, just outside Burj Khalifa. Water shoots up to 500 feet high and usually comes with choreographed music and light performances.
- Visit Palm Islands. There are a lot of pictures available that show a part of Dubai with the beach shaped to look like a palm tree. There are restaurants, malls and other fun activities available there.
- Go on a Dubai Safari Adventure. ($50)
- Explore the Heaven on Earth Miracle Garden. ($11)
Bucks County has plenty of history and activities to explore, but if you are in town and looking for something fun to do, check out the Bucks County Ale Trail. Once a year, Bucks County breweries participate in the Bucks County Ale Trail. Guests can download a virtual passport from visitbuckscounty.com. This passport allows visitors to check-in at breweries to earn points toward a free t-shirt. You may even find your new favorite beer or brewery.
With more than 6,000 islands total, with 227 inhabited, in Greece, the selection is overwhelming. Which one is perfect for your next vacation?
Hyatt Regency Phnom Penh is the first hotel in Cambodia to partner with ecoSPIRITS, a company pioneering the world’s first low-carbon method of packaging and distributing high-end spirits.
Sweet Amalia Oyster Farm is a unique dining destination in Newfield, New Jersey. The aquaculture hand harvests its own oysters on site. In addition to delivering oysters to local restaurants, Sweet Amalia also operates a market and restaurant.
Prepare your taste buds for the trip of a lifetime in Greece. About 100 Greek products — from wines, cheese and fruits to honey and oils — earned a Protected Designation of Origin from the European Union, and the country’s most beloved dishes include Greek Choriatiki salad, tzatziki, souvlaki and moussaka, with its layers of eggplant, potato, minced meat and bechamel. And those are only a few of the many highlights.
During the spooky season, fans of haunts and scares should visit Laredo, Texas, to discover the haunted heritage of the 266-year-old city. Visitors are able to embrace the story of La Llorona, witness apparitions of spirits walking through Laredo and the movement of objects in homes and buildings in the historic district. All these phenomena make for an uneasy stroll through the city’s oldest neighborhoods.