By now, most people are familiar with the liquid restrictions for carry-on luggage put in place by the Transportation Security Administration. While you may know what size face wash to pack in your bag, did you know there are rules for what food and beverages you can pack?
Here are some items you can and can’t bring with you on a plane:
- Dried goods: Items like pasta, grains and spices are allowed as long as they don’t contain any liquid.
- Packaged snacks: Feel free to bring your fruit snacks, granola bars, nuts and cookies in your carry-on bag.
- Solid cheese: If you’re bringing cheese on board, make sure it’s a hard variety.
- Baby food: Baby food, formula and breast milk are permitted on board. However, there are some special instructions to consider, so check the website prior to your trip.
- Creamy cheese: Creamy cheeses more than 3.4 ounces are not permitted in your carry-on bag.
- Alcohol more than 140 proof: Regardless of whether it adheres to the 3.4-ounce rule, you are not permitted to fly with these beverages in your checked or carry-on luggage.
- Canned goods: Some canned goods are permitted, but many are not. Leave these items at home to prevent extra security screenings.
For a comprehensive list of all permitted and restricted food and beverages, check the TSA website.
As the speakeasy hype continues to take the world by storm, Barcelona opened its fair share of clandestine watering holes, which you’ll only know about with some prior research. A simple barbershop in Eixample (near Plaça Catalunya) is seemingly inconspicuous, but, upon entry, it’s easy to tell the hair salon isn’t just a place to get your ears lowered.
Bleisure — it’s a term we’re all familiar with these days. After all, millennials drive the rising trend, combining business and leisure trips regularly. Take a few days to decompress in a new destination after a hectic schedule of meetings and business.
Traveling is hard if you are strapped for cash, but there are plenty of places in the United States that offer budget-friendly fun. If you are looking for a place to getaway where you won’t have to spend too much money, head to San Antonio, Texas.
We can see it now and remember when it happened to us: Watching as the black car icon loops around and around, seemingly endlessly, and our wait time on the rideshare app continually changes. Long wait times and confused drivers are just a few bothersome issues that can nag at rideshare users. Need a solution? Ditch rideshares altogether in favor of renting a car on your next trip.
Val d’Isere has long been a favorite among British skiers, making it the ideal destination for English speakers to enjoy a winter vacation. The resort boasts an impressive amount of ski routes, reliable snow and is located in the breathtaking French Alps.