New research from holidaycottages.co.uk reveals the most obscure U.S. locations made most popular by their appearances in film and TV. The website used TripAdvisor to calculate how many of a location’s total reviews mentioned a specific film or television show to then identify the top 10 filming locations with the highest percentage of mentions of shows or movies in their reviews.
- Twisters, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad: This location, used as the filming location for Los Pollos Hermanos, has the highest proportion of TV show-related reviews.
- Tom’s Restaurant, New York City, Seinfeld: Made famous by Seinfeld, 72 percent of reviews on TripAdvisor still reference the show today.
- Senoia Welcome Center, Senoia, Georgia, The Walking Dead: The popular zombie show put this area on the map for apocalyptic scenes.
- Forks, Washington, Twilight: The rainiest place in the United States was made popular by the vampire series.
- Ohio State Reformatory, Mansfield, Ohio, Shawshank Redemption: The historic prison used in the 1994 film still sees mentions in 44 percent of reviews today.
- Marshall Point Lighthouse Museum, St. George, Maine, Forrest Gump: This is the spot where Forrest Gump concludes his marathon.
- Vasquez Rocks Natural Area, Agua Dulce, California, Star Trek: Several scenes from the Star Trek series were filmed here.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Rocky: Talk about iconic — many fans of Rocky Balboa flock here yearly to recreate his iconic run and pose.
- Mystic Grill, Covington, Georgia, The Vampire Diaries: Favored by many characters of the show, you can visit this actual restaurant and bar.
- Onieals, New York City, Sex and the City: Known as SCOUT in the television show, the real-life location is Onieals, still attracting SATC fans today.
Find more locations on this list here.
With more places lifting restrictions and welcoming back travelers, popular tourist destinations are pulling out all the stops to be better than ever. Simpson Bay, St. Maarten, is one of those destinations.
You probably didn’t know you needed to visit the Dominican Republic until you learned about the new, beautiful, modern, all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana.
Fireworks join poolside hangs and refreshing cocktails for a fun summer at Plaza Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The hotel will celebrate its 50th anniversary in conjunction with July 4th by offering an exclusive hotel package, comedy shows and three nights of spectacular fireworks.
Puerto Rico is approximately 3,515 square miles of lush, tropical rainforests; sky-high mountains; and beaches all around. With a vast array of areas to explore, a road trip around the island is an ideal way to see it all. Make sure to visit these locations to get the full Puerto Rico experience.
Two friends and I recently visited Virginia wine country for a mini-bachelorette weekend to celebrate my friend’s upcoming wedding. A bachelorette weekend wouldn’t be complete without brunch. We decided to grab brunch at West End Wine Bar & Pub on our last day.
All-inclusive resorts can be a convenient way to travel. These tropical resorts normally include food, alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks and some water sports. Even though these amenities are all included in the original price, there are still things to keep in mind when staying at an all-inclusive resort.