Nordic brand Scandic Hotels recently introduced a standard for allergy-free rooms.
Rooms will adhere to these standards:
- There has been no smoking or animals in these rooms
- The rooms have a window or a ventilation window
- The rooms are not on floors that allow animals
- The rooms have not been painted in the last three months
- The rooms have wooden floors
- Pillows are made of synthetic material
- The mattress is made of synthetic material
- Beds have no bedspreads, blankets or decorative pillows
- Linens and towels are washed with fragrance-free and eco-friendly detergent
- Cleaning according to strict allergy-friendly procedures
- Bathroom products labeled with Asthma Allergy Nordic
Since 2003, the company began focusing on accessibility at its properties. Scandic offers an accessibility standard checklist with 159 points including details on parking, guestrooms and meeting spaces. Read more about accessibility and download the checklist. The allergy-free room points will be included in the checklist.
“There’s a clear demand for the accessibility solutions we offer and we get many requests to make guests’ stays more allergy-friendly,” said Magnus Berglund, director of accessibility, Scandic Hotels. “Our goal now is for all Scandic hotels to offer at least two allergy-friendly rooms within a year.”
TritonWear is an innovative IoT product that’s bringing elite sport analytics to everyday swimmers. The affordable and user-friendly technology was created by a Toronto startup and is aimed at swimmers looking to increase their speed and overall skill. The TritonWear platform, which includes both the wearable and the app, helps swimmers pinpoint weaknesses and reduce injury risk.
For most of us, time in the car is “me time.” You can listen to that podcast you’re captivated by, blast that pop song and sing along at the top of your lungs or listen to the next chapter in that biography e-book you’re almost finished. A road trip only amplifies those opportunities. So, next time you’re traveling by road, take the wheel and take control. Opt for a rental car on your next vacation, rather than a rideshare, taxi or public transportation, and enjoy the open road on your own terms.
Beyond being a major hub in the global transportation network, Hartsfield-Jackson is also proud to be a major hub for exciting, high-quality retail options through our award-winning concessions program, ATL Skypointe.