With summer right around the corner, people are starting to plan summer travel, whether a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. According to a new survey by Vacasa, North America’s leading vacation rental company, 63 percent of Americans plan to travel this summer, with 85 percent of summer travelers saying they are planning more trips this summer than last summer. Although many people plan on traveling, one in four Americans are waiting until gas or flight prices are lower to decide if they will travel. Twenty percent of Americans still don’t feel safe traveling due to COVID-19.
Some other key findings from the survey include:
- Remote workers are more likely to take a vacation this summer and are more likely to travel more than last summer
- 57 percent of the Americans surveyed are interested in waterfront escapes, while 36 percent want to explore a national park; 30 percent of travelers look to spend less time exercising and more time dining out (66 percent) and shopping (54 percent)
- A majority of travelers plan a long weekend as part of their summer travels, whereas 33 percent travel for five to seven days; 20 percent plan to travel for more than a week
- Millennials are most likely to favor a shorter getaway, such as a two-night escape or a long weekend trip
- About three in four travelers plan to keep summer trips domestic, while 26 percent are planning international trip
- For holiday travel, Fourth of July is the most popular holiday weekend for travel, with 46 percent of U.S. participants planning travel, followed by Memorial Day at 31 percent and Labor Day at 25 percent
Brown Hotels recently launched DAVE Red Athens, its first international outpost from its ‘DAVE – Son of a Brown’ line. As the fourth property to open from Brown Hotels’ affordable urban collection, DAVE Red Athens offers comfort and modern amenities without the expense of other luxury hotels.
Whether you prefer an ultra-luxe resort or a cozy villa on the beach, you’ll find balance again in Los Cabos.
If you’re a frequent traveler, chances are good you’ve been to the Caribbean. However, that doesn’t mean visiting the Caribbean ever gets tired or old. Beyond the region’s wealth of different cultures and spectacular scenery — not to mention the beaches — its hotels are constantly upping the ante, offering new and exciting experiences. Here are a few new hotels in the Caribbean to check out this summer.
There’s no better time to plan the vacation you’ve been missing. Step aboard with your better half, your friends or the whole family and reconnect, reunite and rejoice with 25 percent off cruise fares for all guests. We’ll also help everyone get there with 25 percent off airfare from 20 major gateways across the country or $100 savings per person on flights from all other gateways when you book your air travel using Flights by Celebrity.*