Visiting the Caribbean can be an exciting adventure. The Caribbean is made up of islands surrounded by beautiful waters and beaches with good food, music and vibes that will provide you with a diverse group of people and cultural experiences. Before your fun Caribbean adventure begins, check out this list of things to pack.
- Sunscreen, sunhats and sunglasses are essential items to have when traveling to the Caribbean as the weather is tropical and is bound to be hot and humid. The goal is to get a tan and not sunburn, so pack this first.
- Because of the climate, your lips are bound to get dry and feel chapped throughout the day, so always keep your lips moisturized.
- Water shoes are necessary depending on what water activities you choose to do. There may be seaweed or tiny pebbles that can hurt the feet so take these as a precaution. Also, keep some flip-flops in your bag for when you want to go strolling along the beach.
- Like most tropical islands, the Caribbean is hot and heat attracts bugs and insects. Prevent a possible allergic reaction or worse by keeping bug spray and anti-itch cream handy.
- Light, airy clothes are best because of the tropical climate. Shorts, skirts, t-shirts and light dresses are ideal. Bring a light jacket if you plan to stay in a mountainous area as it can get a bit chilly.
- Casual slip-on shoes or sandals are enough to get you through your vacation. You do not ever need to pack warm or winter clothes when traveling to the Caribbean.
- Allergy medication— this applies for anywhere you decide to travel.
- Keep a clear and open mind for all the possibilities and make space for a fun time.
This pack list has some of the essentials, so all you need to do after getting these items is to show up at your destination and be ready for a good time.
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, boasts a new self-guided audio tour that takes guests on an auditory journey through the museum’s four floors. It also offers a deeper dive into some of the Mob’s events and personalities. At a running time of up to 85 minutes, more than 40 stops on the audio tour include stories narrated by museum volunteers with anecdotes from former Mob defense attorney and Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman.
Step right up to the greatest show on Earth as FXExpress Publications, Global Traveler, trazeetravel.com and whereverfamily.com celebrate their 2020 award winners! Join the big top on Dec. 14 as we virtually award the winners of the 17th annual GT Tested Reader Survey awards, including the Airline and Hotel of the Year; the 17th annual Wines on the Wing Airline Wine Survey; the eighth annual Leisure Lifestyle Awards; the sixth annual The Trazees; and the third annual Wherever Awards.
If the winter months have you craving a snowy retreat surrounded by off-season island fun and warm fireplaces, The Bungalow at Greydon House should be on your list. An iconic stay in Nantucket, Massachusetts, The Bungalow offers a two-bedroom, three-bathroom retreat in the heart of historic downtown.
Imagine traveling the world and finding the love of your life at the same time. Does The Bachelor franchise come to mind? Due to the global pandemic, the show’s filming was put on hold and production had to get creative, filming at only one resort, instead of traveling the world, as in previous seasons. If you need your Bachelor nation fix, check out some resorts they’ve filmed in before, and book a stay for yourself.
Travelers go on trips for various reasons: Some love to enjoy unique culinary experiences, while others want to explore new cultures and have authentic local experiences. Whatever the reason, vacations should have one thing in common — rest. In fact, healing and healthy ways to boost the immune system are trending topics now and Korean-style wellness is just what you need on future trips. At the 48 recommended wellness travel destinations in Korea, visitors can relax and recharge by enjoying different types of Korean therapy and participating in programs that seek healing in nature. Stay at home and visit Korea for a wellness vacation when it's safe to travel again.
Outforia, an online resource for all things outdoors, recently conducted a study to determine the best states for adrenaline seekers. Outforia ranked each state on the number of available activities in 10 categories to put together the 2021 Adventure Index.