Hiking is a good way to get your cardio exercise while enjoying nature. It is also a good way to stay physically active and it can help with your mental health by reducing your stress and anxiety levels.
Here are some thoughts to take into consideration before your next hiking trip:
- Research the terrain and choose a trail that is right for you. The best trail will be determined by your fitness level. If you are not active, choose a simple and easy hiking trail, and if you are more physically active, choose a more advanced trail.
- Have a first-aid kit handy. Accidents can happen while hiking, whether it be a simple scratch or a fall. Pack some first-aid supplies, such as alcohol pads, gauzes and bandages, to help along the way. Bring an Epipen or some Benadryl in case of an allergic reaction.
- Get the correct gear. This is probably one of the most essential tips to follow before going hiking. The proper boots, bag, hats, clothing and hiking stick will make your trip better and safer.
- Bring the necessary essentials, like plenty of food and water. However, ensure the drinking water isn’t too heavy or it will slow you down or hurt your back. Bring food to provide you with enough nourishment for the day.
- Also, be sure to pack your necessary prescriptions for your trip. If you plan to travel for extended hours and have medications that need to be taken at a specific time, bring them.
- Approach your hiking trip with an open mind. Be sure to be prepared to pace yourself and enjoy nature while you’re out there.
While you might not be able to physically hit the links, golfers are still able to play Pebble Beach Golf Links virtually. Golfers can also stay sharp for when they can return to the course with some tips that can be done at home from Laird Small, director, Pebble Beach Golf Academy and Pebble Beach Resorts.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan. With flights from the United States to Japan and all of Asia, it's the perfect airline to book your next trip with. From ANA's amazing in-flight food to its excellent customer service, it comes as no surprise ANA has been awarded five stars for its seventh consecutive year by the SKYTRAX World Airline Rating.
InterContinental Hong Kong is gearing up for its biggest renovation in 30 years; the hotel will close its doors April 20, before reopening as Regent Hong Kong in 2022. The transformation will position the hotel as one of the world’s most iconic, spanning all guestrooms, suites, bathrooms, public areas, restaurants, event venues and the façade.
BOTANIUM SMART GROWERS Indoor gardening is a great way to grow your own food, improve air quality and add a touch of natural beauty to your living space. Botanium takes the hassle out of the process thanks to a smart hydroponic system that works without soil and is impossible to overwater, a great feature for those not blessed with green thumbs. You can even leave it alone for weeks while you travel, as it takes care of the plant for you. The growers work with a number of herbs and lettuce, vegetables such as tomatoes and chili peppers, and even orchids. Botanium also sells nutrient pipettes to give your indoor garden a health boost in order to grow more of your chosen produce. From $73. botanium.se
Experience a big-city hotel stay that doesn’t feel like your typical urban visit at Chicago’s Claridge House, nestled in the sought-after Gold Coast neighborhood. The hotel’s sophisticated décor and serene residential ambience foster the atmosphere of an oasis amid the hustle and bustle of a busy metropolis.