Hiking is a good way to get your cardio exercise while enjoying nature. It is also a good way to stay physically active and it can help with your mental health by reducing your stress and anxiety levels.
Here are some thoughts to take into consideration before your next hiking trip:
- Research the terrain and choose a trail that is right for you. The best trail will be determined by your fitness level. If you are not active, choose a simple and easy hiking trail, and if you are more physically active, choose a more advanced trail.
- Have a first-aid kit handy. Accidents can happen while hiking, whether it be a simple scratch or a fall. Pack some first-aid supplies, such as alcohol pads, gauzes and bandages, to help along the way. Bring an Epipen or some Benadryl in case of an allergic reaction.
- Get the correct gear. This is probably one of the most essential tips to follow before going hiking. The proper boots, bag, hats, clothing and hiking stick will make your trip better and safer.
- Bring the necessary essentials, like plenty of food and water. However, ensure the drinking water isn’t too heavy or it will slow you down or hurt your back. Bring food to provide you with enough nourishment for the day.
- Also, be sure to pack your necessary prescriptions for your trip. If you plan to travel for extended hours and have medications that need to be taken at a specific time, bring them.
- Approach your hiking trip with an open mind. Be sure to be prepared to pace yourself and enjoy nature while you’re out there.
The 1985 song “One Night in Bangkok” mentions many of the overindulgences of this city. One of them is massage parlors. Today, however, a Thai massage is considered an activity that improves one’s physical and mental well-being. The city has shed its former reputation as a place of wild nightlife and decadence, over the past few decades emerging as a major center for international commerce, wellness initiatives and tourism.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan. With flights from the United States to Japan and all of Asia, it's the perfect airline to book your next trip with. From ANA's amazing in-flight food to its excellent customer service, it comes as no surprise ANA has been awarded five stars for its seventh consecutive year by the SKYTRAX World Airline Rating.
With plastic product bans sweeping the country and American companies continuously finding ways to cut carbon emissions, new green initiatives in individual states seem to pop up every day. Based on data gathered by Zippia — a job-search site that also provides stats on the livability of certain cities — here is a current list of U.S. cities that have taken large steps toward becoming more environmentally friendly.
Experience a big-city hotel stay that doesn’t feel like your typical urban visit at Chicago’s Claridge House, nestled in the sought-after Gold Coast neighborhood. The hotel’s sophisticated décor and serene residential ambience foster the atmosphere of an oasis amid the hustle and bustle of a busy metropolis.