The country of Poland has a rich and storied history, reflected in its UNESCO World Heritage sites. On your next visit to the eastern European country, be sure to check out these spots.
- Auschwitz Birkenau: The somber site is the location of the former Nazi concentration and extermination camp. While this isn’t a lighthearted stop, it’s an important one to learn more about the history of Poland.
- Historic Centre of Kraków: The former capital of Poland is still home to many buildings from the 14th
- Krzemionki Prehistoric Striped Flint Mining Region: The four mining sites dating from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age are located in the Świętokrzyskie mountain range. This site was added to the UNESCO listings in 2019.
- Old City of Zamość: The city is a perfect example of a late 16th-century Renaissance town. The city was founded along the trade route linking western and northern Europe with the Black Sea.
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska: These churches offer examples of different features of Medieval church-building traditions in Roman Catholic culture.
- Białowieża Forest: Currently the only natural site on the UNESCO list, the forest sits on the border of Poland and Belarus.
Ever stepped onboard a long-haul flight and cringed at the site of your seat? You might envy short people who have ample room to spread out, but they have their own unique brand of problems. Dangling short legs off a seat for hours is less than ideal, especially if lower back issues are also involved.
Bleisure — it’s a term we’re all familiar with these days. After all, millennials drive the rising trend, combining business and leisure trips regularly. Take a few days to decompress in a new destination after a hectic schedule of meetings and business.
Airbnb is one of the most frequently used online platforms to book vacation accommodations, but there have been a few occasions when Airbnb customers have been stuck with a rental property nothing like the Airbnb ad presented, which definitely causes a vacation to get off on the wrong foot. If you’re faced with a less-than-satisfactory or what seems to be a fraudulent Airbnb property, here are the steps you should take to get your vacation back on track.
Once reserved for elite travelers, the accessibility of private jet experiences is on the rise. Just like ride-sharing and home-sharing options including Uber and Airbnb, jet startups are also adopting the idea of pooling resources. Instead of splurging on first-class seats at a premium price tag, travelers can snag a seat in a private jet for about 50 percent more, depending on the location.
While your first inclination might be panic when you map out the various appointments and meetings on your upcoming business trip, relax. Trust us, a rental car has you covered.