The country of Poland has a rich and storied history, reflected in its UNESCO World Heritage sites. On your next visit to the eastern European country, be sure to check out these spots.
- Auschwitz Birkenau: The somber site is the location of the former Nazi concentration and extermination camp. While this isn’t a lighthearted stop, it’s an important one to learn more about the history of Poland.
- Historic Centre of Kraków: The former capital of Poland is still home to many buildings from the 14th
- Krzemionki Prehistoric Striped Flint Mining Region: The four mining sites dating from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age are located in the Świętokrzyskie mountain range. This site was added to the UNESCO listings in 2019.
- Old City of Zamość: The city is a perfect example of a late 16th-century Renaissance town. The city was founded along the trade route linking western and northern Europe with the Black Sea.
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska: These churches offer examples of different features of Medieval church-building traditions in Roman Catholic culture.
- Białowieża Forest: Currently the only natural site on the UNESCO list, the forest sits on the border of Poland and Belarus.
Bleisure — it’s a term we’re all familiar with these days. After all, millennials drive the rising trend, combining business and leisure trips regularly. Take a few days to decompress in a new destination after a hectic schedule of meetings and business.
Although the end of this year’s hurricane season is fast approaching, there is still a chance a few of these dangerous ocean storms may pummel through coastal states with the potential to destroy a vacation. See below for a few ways to prepare yourself (and your trip) for a possible tropical storm.
It can be difficult, loving beer and fitness and health at the same time. After all, beer has few, if any, health benefits. Is it possible to blend the two, so you’re never losing out? According to Athletic Brewing, it’s totally possible. Athletic Brewing claims it’s “changing the game by providing beer lovers with a way to live a healthy, active lifestyle while experiencing the rich, complex flavors of craft beer.”