Africa’s southernmost country is home to dynamic natural and cultural attractions. There are currently 10 UNESCO World Heritage sites in South Africa. Check these out during your next trip.
- Fossil Hominid Sites of South Africa: Originally inscribed in 1999, with an extension in 2005, this region holds significance for artifacts found that help define the origin and evolution of humans.
- Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape: The mountainous desert in northwestern South Africa is home to the Nama people, a semi-nomadic group that communally manages the area’s cultural landscape.
- Robben Island: Between the 17th and 20th centuries, the island was used as a prison, hospital and military base.
- Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains: The most recent addition to the list, this mountain range in northeastern South Africa makes up nearly half of the Barberton Greenstone Belt, one of the oldest geological structures in the world.
- Cape Floral Region Protected Areas: This region in the southwestern part of the country features a diverse ecosystem comprised of national parks, nature reserves, wilderness areas, forests and mountains.
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park: This site, which stretches between South Africa and Lesotho, offers a diversity of natural formations and unique habitats.
For some reason when everyone hears snow is coming, they runs to the store for milk and bread. They are definitely not the first things I run to the store for. Instead of milk and bread, make sure you have these things stocked up to have the best snow day yet.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan. With flights from the United States to Japan and all of Asia, it's the perfect airline to book your next trip with. From ANA's amazing in-flight food to its excellent customer service, it comes as no surprise ANA has been awarded five stars for its seventh consecutive year by the SKYTRAX World Airline Rating.
Blood circulation is an ever-present concern, especially for people who sit for long periods of time for work or travel. If you’re preparing for a long trip, make sure to pick up some compression socks to keep blood flowing.
While your first inclination might be panic when you map out the various appointments and meetings on your upcoming business trip, relax. Trust us, a rental car has you covered.
Finding a hotel during the Olympic Games can be harder than launching a shotput across a bed of sand. Some host cities find themselves investing millions of dollars to construct new hotels just for the Games, which is a strain on resources and the environment, and can send the city into debt. In an effort to avoid these problems, Airbnb and the International Olympics Committee teamed up to offer accommodation to attendees during the next handful of Olympic Games around the world.