Africa’s southernmost country is home to dynamic natural and cultural attractions. There are currently 10 UNESCO World Heritage sites in South Africa. Check these out during your next trip.
- Fossil Hominid Sites of South Africa: Originally inscribed in 1999, with an extension in 2005, this region holds significance for artifacts found that help define the origin and evolution of humans.
- Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape: The mountainous desert in northwestern South Africa is home to the Nama people, a semi-nomadic group that communally manages the area’s cultural landscape.
- Robben Island: Between the 17th and 20th centuries, the island was used as a prison, hospital and military base.
- Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains: The most recent addition to the list, this mountain range in northeastern South Africa makes up nearly half of the Barberton Greenstone Belt, one of the oldest geological structures in the world.
- Cape Floral Region Protected Areas: This region in the southwestern part of the country features a diverse ecosystem comprised of national parks, nature reserves, wilderness areas, forests and mountains.
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park: This site, which stretches between South Africa and Lesotho, offers a diversity of natural formations and unique habitats.
Although the end of this year’s hurricane season is fast approaching, there is still a chance a few of these dangerous ocean storms may pummel through coastal states with the potential to destroy a vacation. See below for a few ways to prepare yourself (and your trip) for a possible tropical storm.
It can be difficult, loving beer and fitness and health at the same time. After all, beer has few, if any, health benefits. Is it possible to blend the two, so you’re never losing out? According to Athletic Brewing, it’s totally possible. Athletic Brewing claims it’s “changing the game by providing beer lovers with a way to live a healthy, active lifestyle while experiencing the rich, complex flavors of craft beer.”
While your first inclination might be panic when you map out the various appointments and meetings on your upcoming business trip, relax. Trust us, a rental car has you covered.
While the United States has some seriously haunted cities, it’s difficult to compare with the U.K.’s ancient history and Eastern Europe’s dark past. Check out this list of the most haunted cities abroad before planning your next international getaway.