Japan is home to 22 UNESCO World Heritage sites. On your next visit to the Asian country, start by exploring these sites.
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome): This structure was all that remained following the atomic bomb explosion on Aug. 6, 1945. It has been preserved in the same condition immediately after the bombing as an expression of hope for world peace.
- Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto (Kyoto, Uji and Otsu Cities) (): Kyoto served as the imperial capital of Japan from its beginning through the middle of the 19th The city demonstrates traditional Japanese cultural developments.
- Sacred Island of Okinoshima and Associated Sites in the Munakata Region: The newest designated site on this list, the archaeological sites on the island of Okinoshima have been preserved as an example of the rituals performed on site from the fourth through ninth centuries.
- Yakushima: Located on Yaku Island, the region boasts a rich collection of more than 1,900 flora species and subspecies.
- Ogasawara Islands: More than 30 islands in three groups comprise the Ogasawara Islands, home to 195 endangered bird species.
- Shiretoko: The peninsula is located in northeastern Hokkaido, the northernmost island of Japan. The area provides an excellent example of the interaction of marine and terrestrial ecosystems.
When you are home and lose your purse, it can be extremely problematic. When you are traveling and it happens, it can be disastrous. While the event itself can't be undone, following a few simple steps can help lessen the sting.
Bleisure — it’s a term we’re all familiar with these days. After all, millennials drive the rising trend, combining business and leisure trips regularly. Take a few days to decompress in a new destination after a hectic schedule of meetings and business.
Singapore is known for being on the cutting edge of many industries, so it can be strange for foreigners to group the city-state with developing Southeast Asian nations like Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam. But the multicultural hub represents diverse nationalities and religions, and knowing as much as possible before visiting Singapore can help you prevent any faux pas. Here are a few things you shouldn’t do when visiting Singapore.
Mana is the life force Tahitians believe connects all things. Feel the mana for yourself on a visit to the islands of Tahiti, and sample some of these activities as you connect with the breathtaking nature of the South Pacific. Fly Air France from the United States to Tahiti in the most convenient and comfortable way and let your holiday start on board.
Santa Monica, California, has such an incredible array of restaurants and bars, it can be difficult to choose one. Rustic Canyon on Wilshire Boulevard makes it easy to decide; the restaurant manages to clearly set itself apart from the rest.