Mexico is home to dozens of UNESCO World Heritage sites. On your next visit, plan a trip to these cultural and natural attractions.
- Archaeological Monuments Zone of Xochicalco: This site is a well-preserved example of a fortified commercial, political and religious center.
- Historic Centre of Mexico City and Xochimilco: Mexico City was built in the 16th century on the ruins of the old Aztec capital.
- Pre-Hispanic City of Chichen-Itza: The site is a well-known Mayan center of the Yucatán Peninsula. Warriors’ Temple, El Castillo and El Caracol still stand.
- Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve: Every fall, millions of butterflies flock to the reserve northwest of Mexico City.
- Sian Ka’an: The biosphere reserve on the Yucatán Peninsula is home to more than 300 species of birds and a rich natural landscape of tropical forests, mangroves and marshes.
- Ancient Maya City and Protected Tropical Forests of Calakmul, Campeche: The remains of the Mayan city Calakmul are located in the Yucatán Peninsula.
- Tehuacán-Cuicatlán Valley: Part of the Mesoamerican region, the valley boasts the richest biodiversity in North America.
Visit the website for a full list of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Mexico.
Santa Monica, California, has such an incredible array of restaurants and bars, it can be difficult to choose one. Rustic Canyon on Wilshire Boulevard makes it easy to decide; the restaurant manages to clearly set itself apart from the rest.
Beyond being a major hub in the global transportation network, Hartsfield-Jackson is also proud to be a major hub for exciting, high-quality retail options through our award-winning concessions program, ATL Skypointe.
Many travelers are exchanging their regular home lives for a more exciting life abroad. However, no matter where in the world you visit, money is needed to live a comfortable life. Gaining work experience abroad can diversity a resume and open opportunities worldwide. For travelers who wish to live a more nomadic lifestyle, getting a short-term job in a country is also a great option. This will ensure travelers have enough money to get by and give them experience. Before leaving for a country or while in a foreign land, travelers can use the internet to find jobs or local resources.
One of the best ways to experience and learn more about a culture is by looking for and picking through the local markets. Depending on the destination, markets can be found in the out-of-the-way nooks and crannies of larger cities or can function as attractions on their own merit.
ONCE THE FINAL MEETING WRAPS and the last contract is signed and sealed with a handshake, what’s next? Do you catch a flight back home or do you take advantage of the destination? If your next business trip is to Italy, we suggest adding a few more days to explore the country’s most amazing hot spots. Make time for more than a mouthwater- ing Italian meal in these three cities.