Global luxury travel network Virtuoso recently revealed the results of its annual travel forecast. The company deemed 2019 the year of ultra-personalized travel, with travelers wanting to experience new destinations in unique ways.
Virtuoso consulted with travel advisors in 50 countries to predict trends for the year ahead. They identified five main trends among upscale travelers:
- Motivation: Travelers are interested in sharing their travels on social media, going as far as requesting photography sessions to capture that perfect shot.
- Transportation: First- and business-class cabins are a favorite among travelers. VIP airport service, including private helicopter transfers, is on the rise.
- Accommodation: Unusual accommodations are increasingly popular, including everything from treehouses to tents in the Moroccan desert.
- Recreation: Travelers are also concerned with once-in-a-lifetime experiences like attending major events such as the Super Bowl or private tours of exclusive destinations like the Vatican.
- Conservation: Sustainable, animal-related experiences are a draw for travelers. Visits to animal-protection facilities or destinations to view wildlife are popular.
Other top trends for the year include multigenerational travel, adventure trips, river cruising, luxury cruising and celebration travel. The top five emerging destinations for 2019 are Japan, Croatia, Iceland, Portugal and Egypt. The top five destinations for millennials are Italy, Thailand, Iceland, South Africa and Australia.
Visit the website for more information about the report.
The urban chic hotel is the perfect medium between Hollywood hip and corporate cool. Dream Hollywood welcomes you upon arrival with an open glass entryway, showcasing a structured, organically lush lobby atmosphere filled with modern art and a lobby lounge bar that transforms for a morning cup of coffee or a post-work cocktail. Upon check-in with the extremely helpful and courteous staff, I made my way to the elevators and up to my room, enjoying the artwork on the way.
Once business concludes, a world of wonder awaits in many of Italy’s incredible cities.
Looking for a way to zoom through the airport while only looking slightly ridiculous? Check out the Modobag. This line of rideable luggage has been in development for two years, and they’re finally hitting the market this year. Practical, fast and only slightly goofy, these bags aim to change the way we travel.
ONCE THE FINAL MEETING WRAPS and the last contract is signed and sealed with a handshake, what’s next? Do you catch a flight back home or do you take advantage of the destination? If your next business trip is to Italy, we suggest adding a few more days to explore the country’s most amazing hot spots. Make time for more than a mouthwater- ing Italian meal in these three cities.
Scandinavia, a region in Northern Europe composed primarily of Norway, Sweden and Denmark, and sometimes Finland, is a vast area that poses quite a few problems when it comes to travel. The topography of the region is mountainous and often remote. However, if you plan ahead you’ll find getting around isn’t that big of a deal.