Regardless of your political affiliation, exploring our nation’s presidential libraries is an excellent way to learn about the incredible Americans who served as commander in chief. Of those who served, there are currently only 14 presidential libraries.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum: The Hyde Park library features exhibits on the president and first lady.
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum: Truman’s library will undergo renovations in 2019.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum: Eisenhower’s boyhood home is on site.
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum: Designated in 1962, Hoover’s library is located in Iowa.
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library and Museum: Johnson’s library hosts special annual exhibits.
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum: Situated on Boston’s waterfront, Kennedy’s library is open daily.
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum: Ford’s library and museum have separate locations in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids, respectively.
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum: Carter’s library hosts numerous family-friendly events and special programming.
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum: One of the largest presidential libraries, Reagan’s is home to a retired Air Force One jet.
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum: Bush Sr.’s library is located on the grounds of Texas A&M University.
- William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum: Clinton’s library features a museum and research center.
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum: The museum is located at Nixon’s birthplace and final resting place in Yorba Linda, California.
- George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum: Bush’s Dallas library opened in 2013.
- Barack Obama Presidential Library: Obama’s library is not yet open to the public.
The end of summer doesn’t have to mean the end of beach season. Although the temperatures start to dip, there is still plenty of European coastline ripe for swimming and sunbathing well into September. Take advantage of cheaper, off-season airfare and jet to one of these European beaches before fall weather makes its way south.
We can see it now and remember when it happened to us: Watching as the black car icon loops around and around, seemingly endlessly, and our wait time on the rideshare app continually changes. Long wait times and confused drivers are just a few bothersome issues that can nag at rideshare users. Need a solution? Ditch rideshares altogether in favor of renting a car on your next trip.
Stay safe and germ-free the next time you travel with PlaneAire Surface & Air Purifying Travel Mist. The lab-tested and scientifically proven formula kills nearly 100 percent of the surface bacteria travelers encounter in airports, planes and hotels, while still being organic and all-natural. The formula includes a blend of just six certified organic essential oils and ingredients from organic fruit, but still manages to kill serious bacteria and viruses, from staph and MRSA to salmonella. There are no harmful chemicals like alcohol or bleach.
Massages and other spa treatments are a highlight of many vacations, whether for the need to relax after long flights in cramped seats or simply for the sheer indulgence of being pampered. To maximize the enjoyment and benefits of your next treatment, take note of these top five ways to improve your experience.