Planning to visit the Caribbean or Bahamas this fall? Here are some activities and hotels that should be on your radar this season:
- New Music Nights at Ruinas del Mar Bar: With a sophisticated new cocktail menu, wine cellar and premium spirits, Ruinas del Mar Bar proves to be one of the top dining destinations in Aruba. The bar recently launched new music nights featuring live performances by The Troubadours. Although the bar is open daily 5:30 p.m.–1 a.am., the live music nights happen Friday and Saturday 9:30 p.m.–12:30 a.m.
- Aloe Scrub Making Experience: Guests can immerse themselves in the ultimate aloe educational experience with the resort’s new partnership with Royal Aruba Aloe. During the hour-long class, guests learn the importance of the aloe plant, followed by an introduction to aloe leaf cutting. Guests then create their own unique aloe scrub in an airline-safe container. Reservations are required. The class is available Friday afternoons.
Hôtel Barrière Le Carl Gustaf on Saint Barth offers something for every type of traveler. Here are some new packages for solo or group travelers:
- Solo Bachelorette Package: This offer includes spa treatments at Spa Diane Barrière Biologique Recherche and features a one-hour treatment, one facial and two Biologique Recherche products to take with you. You will also get a $300 credit to Fourquet’s Restaurant by 3-Michelin-starred chef Pierre Gagnaire, a mixology class including the hotel’s signature cocktails, a yoga class featuring breathtaking views of the island and a one-night stay in a suite.
- Stay Four, Pay Three: Guests can expect an extra night in the junior suite pool & seaview room, complete with a private terrace and plunge pool, complimentary breakfast in the suite or at Fouquet’s restaurant, a V.I.P. welcome, deckchairs on Shell Beach, a selection of drinks from the room’s minibar and private airport transfers.
Located on a private complex along the Caribbean coastline, Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya recently debuted a new signature resort experience in collaboration with award-winning mezcal producer Ojo de Tigre. To kick off the partnership, the hotel opened an exclusive Ojo de Tigre suite featuring a variety of signature amenities and unique spa treatments using agave at the full-service Naum Wellness and Spa. The offer also includes:
- Casa Amate x Ojo de Tigre Dinner: a five-course tasting dinner and Ojo de Tigre mezcal pairing at Casa Amate, the award-winning, on-property restaurant
- Agave Ritual: An immersive, personalized session with Fernanda Montiel, the resort’s resident shaman
- Mixology Masterclass: Learn the essentials of creating a perfectly balanced cocktail led by an on-property mezcal expert.
- Sunset Boat Tour: Enjoy a romantic Ojo de Tigre tasting on a private boat tour through Mayakoba’s lagoon
- Cabana in Love: Enjoy a romantic dinner under the stars on the beach.
- Agave Aromatherapy: relax with a 60- or 90-minute treatment featuring aromatherapy with an extensive blend of anti-inflammatory herbs and agave-scented candles.
- Stone Massage: unwind with a 60- or 90-minute treatment to stimulate the body and improve the circulatory system with medicinal benefits of the agave plant.
According to Kampgrounds of America’s 2023 report, 38 percent of campers say they will camp during the winter season while another 27 percent say they are thinking about it. Benefits of winter camping include fewer crowds, snowy scenery and opportunities to ski. Cabins and glamping are also growing in popularity this winter season. Here are five winter camping destinations and tips.
The Saronic or Argo Saronic Islands of Greece call travelers to explore its seven small islands and islets brimming with history, natural sites and more. With most easily accessible by boat, the islands’ proximity to ports of Athens make the Saronic Islands an ideal destination for those preferring shorter boat rides. In fact, trips from Athens ports to the islands take only between 10 minutes and two hours, depending on the island you choose, making them perfect for day or weekend trips.
What was your airport experience like the last time you flew? If you’re like most travelers in North America, you might have been pleasantly surprised to find your closest major airport offered a better experience than you remembered.
When you’re ready to head to the airport for your next flight, will you drive and park, or take an Uber? A new study looks at what’s most cost-effective so you can make the best decision for your travel budget.
From the windy tip of Malin Head in County Donegal to the colorful harbor town of Kinsale in County Cork, Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way amazes at every turn. Feel the blast of fresh sea air with a lighthouse walk. Get up close to history, grab a fireside seat at a traditional music session, experience the world-famous Irish hospitality and explore some of Ireland's most exhilarating coastal scenery. It is a place that inspired dreamers and travelers, poets and painters with a landscape filled with stone walls, thatched cottages, deserted beaches and breathtaking views. Charming towns and villages, 1,500 miles of soaring cliffs, incredible landscapes and unique experiences await.