Known as rum capital of the world, Puerto Rico has a rich history with rum dating back to the 15th century. With Puerto Rico producing more than 80 percent of the spirit, the destination is perfect for rum enthusiasts. Take it a step further and book your stay at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, which honors the tradition of the spirit in a variety of ways.
After touring Ron del Barrilito distillery, Chef Juan Peña of Dorado Beach formed a personal relationship with the team. Eventually growing into an exclusive partnership, the duo created a private label for the property. Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve’s Autobiografia is the outcome of 27 years of dedication, embodying the rich history of Puerto Rican rums. In addition to the rum available to order on property, the estate also offers exclusive tours of the Ron del Barrilito facilities to highlight the partnership.
Beyond the private label rum, guests can partake in exclusive rum-tasting experiences offered on property. Further emphasizing the tradition of rum, here are some exclusive tastings and amenities guests can take advantage of:
- When guests arrive, they will find a serving of the specialty rum for two waiting in their room. The rum is paired with plantain chips and pineapple.
- Daily tastings are available in Livingston Library and led by experts who take guests through the world of rum with personal tastings.
- The Ron del Barrilito Experience showcases the spirit through a curated selection of four flights paired with food-tasting menus.
- The property hosts private tasting sessions pairing the Autobiografia with delectable canapés, creating an indulgent journey to highlight the partnership.
- Guests can enjoy 60 different rums at the property’s signature restaurant COA. The restaurant features signature cocktails and an extensive selection of rums.
- When guests buy a bottle of Autobiografia, the property invites them to enjoy a three-course dinner inspired by the rum.
Not sure what to do when you have a delayed or canceled flight? Feel like you deserve something more from the airline? AirHelp can potentially help with that.
From the windy tip of Malin Head in County Donegal to the colorful harbor town of Kinsale in County Cork, Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way amazes at every turn. Feel the blast of fresh sea air with a lighthouse walk. Get up close to history, grab a fireside seat at a traditional music session, experience the world-famous Irish hospitality and explore some of Ireland's most exhilarating coastal scenery. It is a place that inspired dreamers and travelers, poets and painters with a landscape filled with stone walls, thatched cottages, deserted beaches and breathtaking views. Charming towns and villages, 1,500 miles of soaring cliffs, incredible landscapes and unique experiences await.
This year, pumpkin spice latte makes its seasonal debut a little earlier! Even if you are excited for the popular flavor to return, it doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying summer temperatures. We’ve rounded up a list of autumn-inspired cocktails made with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey to enjoy even through the end of the summer temperatures.
Brand g Vacations is known for leading all-LGBTQIA+ cruises and land tours, including its annual summer Prague and Danube cruise. The company recently announced next year’s iteration will sail on the Amadeus Nova with the latest in green technology, as well as more luxury and space than ever before. The cruise sails Aug. 27–Sept. 5, 2024.