Known as rum capital of the world, Puerto Rico has a rich history with rum dating back to the 15th century. With Puerto Rico producing more than 80 percent of the spirit, the destination is perfect for rum enthusiasts. Take it a step further and book your stay at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, which honors the tradition of the spirit in a variety of ways.
After touring Ron del Barrilito distillery, Chef Juan Peña of Dorado Beach formed a personal relationship with the team. Eventually growing into an exclusive partnership, the duo created a private label for the property. Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve’s Autobiografia is the outcome of 27 years of dedication, embodying the rich history of Puerto Rican rums. In addition to the rum available to order on property, the estate also offers exclusive tours of the Ron del Barrilito facilities to highlight the partnership.
Beyond the private label rum, guests can partake in exclusive rum-tasting experiences offered on property. Further emphasizing the tradition of rum, here are some exclusive tastings and amenities guests can take advantage of:
- When guests arrive, they will find a serving of the specialty rum for two waiting in their room. The rum is paired with plantain chips and pineapple.
- Daily tastings are available in Livingston Library and led by experts who take guests through the world of rum with personal tastings.
- The Ron del Barrilito Experience showcases the spirit through a curated selection of four flights paired with food-tasting menus.
- The property hosts private tasting sessions pairing the Autobiografia with delectable canapés, creating an indulgent journey to highlight the partnership.
- Guests can enjoy 60 different rums at the property’s signature restaurant COA. The restaurant features signature cocktails and an extensive selection of rums.
- When guests buy a bottle of Autobiografia, the property invites them to enjoy a three-course dinner inspired by the rum.
If the bride-to-be seeks a restorative getaway pre-wedding, rather than a raucous event, St. Lucia’s StolenTime all-inclusive resort offers pampering over partying with its new Bachelorette on the Beach package.
Whether you are interested in music, art, history, food, sports or fashion, Music City has something for everyone to sing about. Nashville is accessible, friendly and authentic, with diverse neighborhoods, a storied musical heritage and a creative culture that energizes the city.
This spring/summer, Music City welcomes The Printing House, a new hotel celebrating the city’s rich legacy as a hub for creativity. Located at the intersection of Third Avenue and Peabody Street, The Printing House pays homage to the printing press’s influence in and dispersion of music in Nashville’s legacy, from printed sheet music to concert posters to songbooks.
Five Tips to Help Minimize Potential Travel Problems
Have you ever visited a destination and imagined yourself living there? Maybe you’ve even made the jump, packing up all your belongings and embarking on a new life in a new country. Maybe you’re just considering doing so and are looking for the perfect new place to call home. If so, you might want to consider one of the top countries residents don’t want to leave.