The Federal Aviation Administration recently estimated air travel will double over the next 20 years. While planes get people around more efficiently, airport layovers are here to stay. Thankfully, airports can quickly transform into a personal playground if you add a few surprising elements to the mix.
1. Experience club luxury. If you are stuck at the airport for a few hours, purchase a day pass at the front desk of an airline club. They offer comfortable seating, large-screen televisions, drinks, snacks,and an oasis from the dingy bustle of the main terminal. Many passes cost about $40-50, depending on the airline.
2. Indulge in a treat. Most people skip right to the fast food line and pick a quick meal while they wait for their connecting flight. However, airports have bulked up their fine dining options in recent years. Tapas, craft beers, fine wines and cheeses are just a few ways you can upgrade your time.
3. Bring your yoga mat. Scan the terminal for an empty gate with no departing flights and spread out that mat. You can either stretch cramped muscles or lie down for a refreshing nap.
4. Take the train into town. If you have an entire day to wait around and you’re in an airport with convenient transportation, like San Francisco, get out and see something. If you have at least five or six hours, you can fit in a great meal and a little shopping.
5. Stroll the duty-free shops and take advantage of samples. Many cosmetic and perfume areas offer free spritzes and trial sizes. These shops are also a fantastic way to get some holiday shopping done while avoiding taxes in many countries.
Every avid traveler knows Captain C.B. “Sully” Sullenberger, the heroic pilot who landed a US Airways aircraft in the Hudson River in 2009. However, a museum in North Carolina now honors Sullenberger in a new way, with the renaming of Carolinas Aviation Museum. Moving forward, the museum will be known as Sullenberger Aviation Museum. The name change also comes with a location change, as the museum plans a new facility next to Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Awareness about fair and sustainable travel continues to grow around the globe, with travelers everywhere considering a destination’s eco-friendly options before visiting. As public consciousness for this important aspect of tourism strengthens, tourists also look beyond just ecotourism and delve deeper into types of travel that allow them to respect the local culture, interact with locals and distribute benefits fairly.
Authentic Caribbean food, power couple owners and vibrant décor: What better way to enjoy a meal in New York City than at Kokomo? Living in or visiting the Big Apple doesn’t mean relinquishing traditional, flavorful foods and dishes from around the world, and at Kokomo, guests are instantly transported to the sandy beaches of the Caribbean through cocktails, delicious meals and a colorful ambiance.
Romance is in the air and Americans are ready to travel for Valentine’s Day.
There’s no better time to plan the vacation you’ve been missing. Step aboard with your better half, your friends or the whole family and reconnect, reunite and rejoice with 25 percent off cruise fares for all guests. We’ll also help everyone get there with 25 percent off airfare from 20 major gateways across the country or $100 savings per person on flights from all other gateways when you book your air travel using Flights by Celebrity.*
Tenerife is known for its extraordinary natural spaces thanks to the island’s unique volcanic landscapes that molded into magical climbing areas. The destination also features year-round warm weather, which draws outdoor enthusiasts to the area. Tenerife is a rock climber’s paradise, with plenty of areas to explore.