It is predicted consumers will spend more than $11 billion celebrating Halloween this year. That’s a lot of dough for a good scare, and to be sure you are experiencing the best frights around, check out Hauntworld.com’s Top 13 Haunted Attractions in the United States. Some of the intense effects at this year’s listmakers include the opportunity to become a zombie, a real demonstration of how to bleed a pig from an authentic butcher and 3D elements.
- Pennhurst Asylum in Spring City, Pa.
- 13th Gate in Baton Rouge, La.
- Netherworld in Atlanta, Ga.
- House of Torment in Austin, Texas
- The Darkness in St. Louis, Mo.
- Erebus in Pontiac, Mich.
- Dent Schoolhouse in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Kersey Valley Spookywoods in Greensboro, N.C.
- Headless Horseman in Ulster Park, N.Y.
- Cutting Edge Haunted House in Fort Worth, Texas
- Bates Motel in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Bennett’s Curse in Baltimore, Md.
- 13th Floor in Chicago, Ill.
Hauntedworld.com provides insider news on haunted houses, attractions, Halloween information and other tips.
Dining is an art, and now that applies to both on the ground and at 35,000 feet thanks to Hainan Airlines’ “Hai Chef” Inflight Artistic Chinese cuisine series, a collaboration with Dong Zhenxiang, a Chinese culinary master also known as Dadong.
For most of us, time in the car is “me time.” You can listen to that podcast you’re captivated by, blast that pop song and sing along at the top of your lungs or listen to the next chapter in that biography e-book you’re almost finished. A road trip only amplifies those opportunities. So, next time you’re traveling by road, take the wheel and take control. Opt for a rental car on your next vacation, rather than a rideshare, taxi or public transportation, and enjoy the open road on your own terms.
Quietly on the rise is the cousin of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, known as cannabidiol, or CBD. THC is the more well-known component of cannabis; however, it is illegal in many states, so CBD has risen in popularity as a legal option. Stores selling CBD continue to pop up in major cities and towns.