When shopping for the special someone on your list, consider filling his or her stocking with practical and interesting travel gadgets. These items are often forgotten, especially for those who travel less frequently. Help build or upgrade your loved one’s travel gear with these stocking stuffers.
- Portable charger: Perfect for the active traveler, a portable charger can provide an extra charge to a smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device. Browse myCharge for a variety of charger options.
- Headphones: With new headphone models coming out often, these Panasonic earbuds are perfect to keep as a travel pair: Ccmfortable and inexpensive.
- Carry-on cocktail kit: For the cocktail-loving traveler, order a kit with TSA-approved mixer sizes of their favorite cocktails including a Moscow mule or a gin and tonic.
- Universal power outlet adaptor: Insten makes a universal adaptor, accommodating more than 150 countries, starting at less than $10.
- Lightning cable: This AmazonBasics cable is Apple-certified, but less expensive than the Apple brand. Connect your devices with ease for less than $10.
- Wireless speakers: Liven up any hotel room with a wireless speaker, like this one from iHome.
While your first inclination might be panic when you map out the various appointments and meetings on your upcoming business trip, relax. Trust us, a rental car has you covered.
North America offers many scenic and historic train rides. These train rides delight and inspire travelers because it gives them a new way to experience the world. Thousands of people take these trains every year and this type of travel is only gaining more followers. The North American train system is still years behind European and Asian countries, but they get the job done. Taking a train is also a great way to add an extra adventure to a trip or destination. It’s not just going from one place to another but getting to view everything in between as well.
For most of us, time in the car is “me time.” You can listen to that podcast you’re captivated by, blast that pop song and sing along at the top of your lungs or listen to the next chapter in that biography e-book you’re almost finished. A road trip only amplifies those opportunities. So, next time you’re traveling by road, take the wheel and take control. Opt for a rental car on your next vacation, rather than a rideshare, taxi or public transportation, and enjoy the open road on your own terms.
Planning a road trip often involves time dedicated to researching routes, planning stops and figuring out how to pass the time for endless hours on the highway. Thankfully, technology comes to the rescue with a handful of mobile apps that can help in the road trip planning process.