Whether you believe in the supernatural or not, there’s no denying staying in a hotel with a spooky past comes with a side of good-natured fun. Historic Hotels of America announced its annual list of top haunted hotels, but you can enjoy these ghostly locales any time of year.
This year’s 25 highlights include:
- Concord’s Colonial Inn (Concord, Massachusetts): The inn is known for its use as a hospital during the Revolutionary War
- The Omni Homestead Resort (Hot Springs, Virginia): Famous ghosts of the resort include an abandoned bride
- The Historic Inns of Annapolis (Annapolis, Maryland): These inns boast both a ghost bride and some Revolutionary War-era soldiers
- The Red Lion Inn (Stockbridge, Massachusetts): Ghosts here include a young flower girl and a man in a top hat
- River Street Inn (Savannah, Georgia): A 200-year-old converted cotton warehouse located in one of America’s most-haunted cities
- The Sayre Mansion (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania): A Gothic Revival-style Victorian mansion known as the final resting place of at least six children
- The Menger Hotel (San Antonio, Texas): Boasts it occasionally hosts the ghost of President Teddy Roosevelt
- La Posada de Santa Fe (Santa Fe, New Mexico): Ghost sightings have been reported here since the 1970s
- Hotel Monteleone (New Orleans, Louisiana): Known as one of the most haunted spots — not just hotels — in New Orleans
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa (Eureka Springs, Arkansas): This hotel rests on the grounds of a prior hospital where the treatments were questionable at best
- Jekyll Island Club Resort (Jekyll Island, Georgia): Ghostly residents include a bellman and J.P. Morgan
- Hotel del Coronado (Coronado, California): A paranormal hot spot that draws many curious travelers, as well as paranormal professionals
- The Union Station Nashville Yards (Nashville, Tennessee): A converted rail station that now houses the ghost of a young woman waiting for her beau to return from war
- Omni Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods (Bretton Woods, New Hampshire): With its ghost simply nicknamed “The Princess”
- The Omni Grove Park Inn (Asheville, North Carolina): Dubbed its ghost “The Pink Lady”
- Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel (Berkeley, California): The fourth floor is filled with cold spots and the elevator might be operated by a spirit
- The Emily Morgan San Antonio, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (San Antonio, Texas): Known as one of the most haunted hotels in the entire state
- Hawthorne Hotel (Salem, Massachusetts): Earns a reputation as one of the country’s most haunted hotels, in one of its spookiest cities
- The Hotel Viking (Newport, Rhode Island): Where the ghosts like to throw grand parties late at night
- Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton (Saranac Lake, New York): Where the ghosts include two school employees (two different schools originally sat on the hotel’s footprint) and a cat
- Hassayampa Inn (Prescott, Arizona): Where the primary ghost is that of a young bride who died of a broken heart
- Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center (Baton Rouge, Louisiana): Where the most famous ghost is that of political Huey P. Long
- The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Sonoma, California): Which claims its ghosts are all happy
- The Wort Hotel (Jackson, Wyoming): Where the former hotel maintenance engineer likes to play tricks
- Tubac Golf Resort & Spa (Tubac, Arizona): Where ghosts include a boy, gentleman, lady and a cowboy
Tenerife is known for its extraordinary natural spaces thanks to the island’s unique volcanic landscapes that molded into magical climbing areas. The destination also features year-round warm weather, which draws outdoor enthusiasts to the area. Tenerife is a rock climber’s paradise, with plenty of areas to explore.
Start planning that long-awaited trip to the island of Ireland. With all travel restrictions now lifted, there has never been a better time to visit.
Nashville makes a great destination to celebrate Black History Month due to its key Civil Rights Movement contributions, Black-owned businesses, museums and more.
It’s no secret visitation to national parks soared over the pandemic. With larger crowds came necessary measures to stem the flow of excess guests. However, in 2023, one of those measures will finally be lifted at Yosemite National Park.
There’s no better time to plan the vacation you’ve been missing. Step aboard with your better half, your friends or the whole family and reconnect, reunite and rejoice with 25 percent off cruise fares for all guests. We’ll also help everyone get there with 25 percent off airfare from 20 major gateways across the country or $100 savings per person on flights from all other gateways when you book your air travel using Flights by Celebrity.*