With tickets to Hamilton reaching exorbitant amounts of more than $1,300 per seat, the idea of cheap theater tickets in New York City might seem like a myth. If you want to see spectacular performances without breaking the bank, follow these tips.
- Visit one of the TKTS booths. With two locations in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn, the non-profit organization offers discounted tickets to Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. The booth is open daily, with discounts ranging from 20–50 percent off regular prices.
- Try your luck at the lottery or wait for rush and standing-room tickets. Many popular Broadway shows offer a select number of seats via a lottery typically held about two hours before the performance. Names are drawn at random and the lucky winners receive heavily discounted tickets. Other shows offer day-of discounted tickets. Be sure to check the theater’s website, as policies vary by performance.
- Take advantage of two-for-one tickets during Broadway Week. The annual sale occurs every fall.
- See a performance of the always-free Shakespeare in the Park during the summer.
- Go off Broadway and check out performances at Primary Stages, Atlantic Theater Company and New York Theatre Workshop.
- For reasonably priced comedy shows, check out Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theater, Magnet Theater and The People’s Improv Theater.
Santa Monica, California, has such an incredible array of restaurants and bars, it can be difficult to choose one. Rustic Canyon on Wilshire Boulevard makes it easy to decide; the restaurant manages to clearly set itself apart from the rest.
For most of us, time in the car is “me time.” You can listen to that podcast you’re captivated by, blast that pop song and sing along at the top of your lungs or listen to the next chapter in that biography e-book you’re almost finished. A road trip only amplifies those opportunities. So, next time you’re traveling by road, take the wheel and take control. Opt for a rental car on your next vacation, rather than a rideshare, taxi or public transportation, and enjoy the open road on your own terms.
One of the best ways to experience and learn more about a culture is by looking for and picking through the local markets. Depending on the destination, markets can be found in the out-of-the-way nooks and crannies of larger cities or can function as attractions on their own merit.
Once business concludes, a world of wonder awaits in many of Italy’s incredible cities.
One of the greatest sights in the world, the great pyramids of Giza, stands towering in the desert, the imposing stature dwarfing tourists for miles. Visitors to Giza might feel twangs of adventure and exploration, but guests should be warned climbing the pyramids is forbidden.