WalletHub, the personal finance social media network, compared all 50 states to determine which offers the most enjoyment with the least damage to a traveler’s wallet. The variables considered include driving costs, lodging prices, traffic safety, weather and attractions.
Best States for Summer Road Trips
- New York
Worst States for Summer Road Trips
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
Other interesting findings include:
- California has 22 more scenic byways than Connecticut.
- The prize of camping in Connecticut is double the price in Arizona.
- In Alabama, the price of a 3-star hotel is three times cheaper than in Hawaii.
- Massachusetts has three times fewer fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled than West Virginia and South Carolina.
- Vermont has six times less car thefts per capita than California.
- Mississippi has 15 times less nightlife options per capita than in Nevada.
Check out all the state rankings here.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan. With flights from the United States to Japan and all of Asia, it's the perfect airline to book your next trip with. From ANA's amazing in-flight food to its excellent customer service, it comes as no surprise ANA has been awarded five stars for its seventh consecutive year by the SKYTRAX World Airline Rating.
For some reason when everyone hears snow is coming, they runs to the store for milk and bread. They are definitely not the first things I run to the store for. Instead of milk and bread, make sure you have these things stocked up to have the best snow day yet.
Bleisure — it’s a term we’re all familiar with these days. After all, millennials drive the rising trend, combining business and leisure trips regularly. Take a few days to decompress in a new destination after a hectic schedule of meetings and business.
Blood circulation is an ever-present concern, especially for people who sit for long periods of time for work or travel. If you’re preparing for a long trip, make sure to pick up some compression socks to keep blood flowing.