WalletHub, the personal finance social media network, compared all 50 states to determine which offers the most enjoyment with the least damage to a traveler’s wallet. The variables considered include driving costs, lodging prices, traffic safety, weather and attractions.
Best States for Summer Road Trips
- New York
Worst States for Summer Road Trips
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
Other interesting findings include:
- California has 22 more scenic byways than Connecticut.
- The prize of camping in Connecticut is double the price in Arizona.
- In Alabama, the price of a 3-star hotel is three times cheaper than in Hawaii.
- Massachusetts has three times fewer fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled than West Virginia and South Carolina.
- Vermont has six times less car thefts per capita than California.
- Mississippi has 15 times less nightlife options per capita than in Nevada.
Check out all the state rankings here.
Japan National Tourism Organization While would-be travelers around the world are self-isolating and putting travel plans on hold, Japan Nation Tourism Organization sends the fun home. While everyone’s wanderlust grows, JNTO offers virtual experiences showcasing the best of the island country.
You’ve booked your flights, you’ve found your hotel, you’ve spent the last six months dreaming about your trip. One problem? You don’t know what to do once you get there. If only there was an app that acted as your own personal tour guide, that led you to the city’s top sights and hidden gems, helping you make remarkable discoveries …
Make sure you try these traditional dishes when you're in Senegal.
Hotels around the world temporarily closed their doors, while others host healthcare workers in support of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, hotels light up their windows at night with messages of love and hope for local communities.
It’s safe to say Away made quite a name for itself in the travel luggage space, and now the brand is inevitably expanding from its hard-case beginnings. Now, the super successful company is growing its product offering through its new line of four soft-sided suitcases.