China is an enormous and multifaceted country, so it makes sense its cuisine is anything but one-note. As you travel through the country, you’ll experience changes in spice level, ingredients and cooking methods.
Chinese cuisine is typically divided into eight distinct canonical regions:
- Cantonese, or Guangdong cuisine, which favors sweeter sauces and braising
- Sichuan, or Chuan cuisine, which is a spicy punch to the face and heavy on garlic, ginger and peanuts
- Shangdong, or Lu cuisine, which utilizes braising, is heavy on seafood and liberal with salt
- Fujian, or Min cuisine, which is lighter in body and balanced in its use of sweet and sour flavors; Fujian incorporates ingredients from both the sea and the mountains
- Jiangsu, or Su cuisine, which is heavy on soups that feature fresh ingredients heavily, and balance salty and sweet flavors
- Hunan, or Xiang cuisine, which is also high in spice; cooking methods include sautéing, stir frying, steaming and smoking
- Anhui, or Hui cuisine, which specializes in the use of wild plants and animals and utilizes stewing and lots of oil
- Zhejiang, or Zhe cuisine, which includes seafood and bamboo shoots often, in a wide variety of preparations
Life on the road is fun, but it can wreak a little bit of havoc on a happy home life. If you find yourself traveling a lot and do not have anyone to regularly walk the dog, then keeping a pet sometimes seems like too much of an investment of time and resources. This is actually not true. If you have the income to hire a dog or cat sitter, there is not much to worry about except the potential loneliness your pet might feel with you out of the house. This is a significant concern, but with a practical solution.
Once business concludes, a world of wonder awaits in many of Italy’s incredible cities.
The food scene in Milan stems from an interesting backstory. The northern Italian city has always been one of the country’s most affluent, so the signature dishes mirror the refined tastes of its upper-class citizens. While you can still find luxurious dishes on menus throughout the city, a newer and more humble wave of cuisine infiltrated restaurants, giving patrons a wider variety of options while looking for what to eat. Let’s take a look at dishes from both sides of the aisle.
TravelBird recently pulled together a report on the most Instagrammed attractions in the world. Using the Instagram API, the study looked at which destinations or attractions produced the most hashtags in the local language. The most Instagrammed attractions in the world, as well as in each state, were reported.
Beyond being a major hub in the global transportation network, Hartsfield-Jackson is also proud to be a major hub for exciting, high-quality retail options through our award-winning concessions program, ATL Skypointe.