It’s becoming increasingly popular for future brides to escape for destination bachelorette parties with their best friends and bridesmaids. What are some popular destinations?
- Las Vegas: An obvious choice, but the endless entertainment options available in Sin City ensure there won’t be any moments of boredom. And besides, what happens here is sacred — good for a future full of marital bliss.
- Charleston, South Carolina: More low-key and upscale — perfect for the bride-to-be looking for an escape without endless debauchery. The destination offers beaches, bars and dining — just be careful of overindulging in the Southern-style cooking to ensure everyone fits in their dresses.
- Napa Valley: If wine and relaxation define your upcoming bride, consider a bachelorette visit to this California mainstay. Possible activities include wine tasting, spa visits, hot-air balloon rides and decadent dining. A group of women wining together sounds like your conventional bachelorette party.
- Austin, Texas: This is the perfect destination for the music-loving, down-to-earth bride. Catch a few performances and spend the day outdoors, enjoying local bars and authentic Tex-Mex and barbecue. Just make sure the future Mrs. doesn’t find herself a new cowboy.
- Montreal: With legendary nightlife, a visit to Montreal is just like whisking the bride to an amped-up Parisian-style bachelorette party. It’s a quaint, but big, city, and it offers plenty of all-night options. It might be hard making sure the bridal party makes it back south of the border for the big day.
My mom and I recently dined at Mazi, a Greek restaurant in West Reading, Pennsylvania. We were in town for a family event and decided to take advantage of the lovely early fall evening by enjoying dinner outside. The restaurant is popular, so we called right when they opened to make a last-minute reservation. Thankfully, they had availability for outdoor seating.
With more than 6,000 islands total, with 227 inhabited, in Greece, the selection is overwhelming. Which one is perfect for your next vacation?
It’s time to say goodbye to summer clothes activities and drinks. Switch out your favorite summer sips for delicious fall-themed cocktails from hotels and resorts around the world. Whether you like vodka, rum or bourbon, there is a cocktail just for you.
Adults who came of age in the 1990s will remember fondly the iconic Planet Hollywood sign. And now, that sign can be seen at The Neon Museum in Las Vegas — the museum recently acquired the restaurant sign that originally rotated upon an iconic column pedestal in front of Caesars Palace Forum Shops and Colosseum. Planet Hollywood International/Earl Enterprises donated the sign, currently being assessed for conservation and display plans.
The Greek tradition of health and wellness runs deep; travelers can find a multitude of therapies to meet their wellbeing needs, from healing spas, herbal therapies, hypnotherapy, massages and more. In Greece, the approach to wellness focuses on the “whole” and the ways in which the mind, body and soul interact. A state of balance is achieved through a good relationship between the emotional and natural state, which can be found throughout Greece at its more than 800 medicinal spas.