Apparently the best food truck in Europe is a taco truck situated in Copenhagen. Some 73 food experts, including Michelin-starred Noma chef Rene Redzepi, along with international bloggers, industry experts and food writers, compiled a long list of contenders throughout Europe. And easyjet Traveller magazine collected the results.
Coming in first place is a Mexican taco stall called Hija de Sanchez. The truck started operations in 2015, and suddenly rocketed to world fame. Owner Rosio Sanchez combines Latin spices with Nordic ingredients for a unique combination. Her stall is at Torvehallerne, and she also has a newly opened restaurant called Vesterbro.
- Hija de Sanchez, Copenhagen
- Sea Me at the Time Out Market in Lisbon, which does Japanese/Portuguese fusion food
- Alain Miam Miam in Paris, whose grilled buckwheat galettes are loaded with organic vegetables
- AmsterDAM Good Cookies in The Netherlands, who sell the famous stroopwaffles
- Mordi e Vai in Rome, where traditional Italian staples like simmered brisket sandwiches, tongue and tripe are the order of the day
- BERLIN in Berlin, Germany, a kimchi/poutine mash-up
- Aleppo Bahebek, an Oslo-based shawarma joint staffed entirely by Syrian refugees
- Lángos Máshogy in Budapest, which blends hipster and traditional
- Korvar Kiosk, a Stockholm hotdog stand run by larger-than-life local celeb, Günter
- Yum Bun in London, which is a multisite bao bun institution
Santa Monica, California, has such an incredible array of restaurants and bars, it can be difficult to choose one. Rustic Canyon on Wilshire Boulevard makes it easy to decide; the restaurant manages to clearly set itself apart from the rest.
Once business concludes, a world of wonder awaits in many of Italy’s incredible cities.
One of the best ways to experience and learn more about a culture is by looking for and picking through the local markets. Depending on the destination, markets can be found in the out-of-the-way nooks and crannies of larger cities or can function as attractions on their own merit.
Mana is the life force Tahitians believe connects all things. Feel the mana for yourself on a visit to the islands of Tahiti, and sample some of these activities as you connect with the breathtaking nature of the South Pacific. Fly Air France from the United States to Tahiti in the most convenient and comfortable way and let your holiday start on board.
One of the greatest sights in the world, the great pyramids of Giza, stands towering in the desert, the imposing stature dwarfing tourists for miles. Visitors to Giza might feel twangs of adventure and exploration, but guests should be warned climbing the pyramids is forbidden.