- Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi: This site contains a collection of Buddhist monuments including palaces, temples and monasteries, some dating back to the first and second centuries B.C.
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan: Housed in the state of Rajasthan, the forts are located in Chittorgarh, Kumbhalgarh, Sawai Madhopur, Jhalawar, Jaipur and Jaisalmer.
- Taj Mahal: The most recognizable site on the list, the white marble mausoleum was built 1631–1648 and designated a World Heritage Site in 1983.
- Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area: The park in the Himalayan Mountain range boasts high alpine peaks, alpine meadows and riverine forests.
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary: The wildlife sanctuary is located at the foot of the Himalayas and is home to numerous endangered species, including the pygmy hog and Indian elephant.
- Western Ghats: This mountain range is older than the Himalayas. The site features biophysical and ecological processes key to India’s biodiversity.
- Khangchendzonga National Park: The only mixed cultural and natural site is located in the heart of the Himalayan Mountain range in northern India.
Streets lined with festive holiday lights and decorations is a tell-tale sign the holidays are right around the corner. My favorite holiday tradition is going to Shady Brook Farm in Yardley, Pennsylvania, and driving through the Holiday Light Show. My family and I have gone pretty much every year since I was a little girl.
For most of us, time in the car is “me time.” You can listen to that podcast you’re captivated by, blast that pop song and sing along at the top of your lungs or listen to the next chapter in that biography e-book you’re almost finished. A road trip only amplifies those opportunities. So, next time you’re traveling by road, take the wheel and take control. Opt for a rental car on your next vacation, rather than a rideshare, taxi or public transportation, and enjoy the open road on your own terms.
Asheville, North Carolina, is known for its booming beer scene. Sometimes you want some sustenance to go alongside your brews. While many breweries host rotating food trucks, many have full kitchens. These breweries in Asheville offer great food menus in addition to the beer selection.
Turkey is a staple dish of the holiday season. Almost all families already had their share of turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, but, if you are like my family, you get to enjoy it all over again at Christmas. Check out these tips on how to make your best turkey yet.